Mysore style is the traditional way of practising Ashtanga Yoga, as taught by Sri. K Pattabhi Jois (1915 – 2009) in the Southern Indian city of Mysore.
A Mysore style class is not a “led” class or a “self-practice”, it’s these amazing things instead:
- All instruction is one-on-one, within a group class setting
- You will be taught the set sequence of Ashtanga asanas (postures) at your own pace, with new postures added as you gain in strength flexibility, stamina and focus
- It is an intelligent system and sequence of asanas
- The set sequence is practised daily and, over time, increases in difficulty
- Students build a Yoga practice over a period of time, in a safe and insightful manner
- Mysore style is open to all levels, you don’t need any
Join us any day during our morning slots. You’ll receive personal attention from our teachers, helping you lay a solid foundation on which you’ll build in the months ahead.
Feeling unsure or nervous? Please get in touch!
Send an email to Claire@AshtangaYogaJHB.co.za or chat with one of the teachers when you see them.
- Monday – Thursday: 05h45 – 07h45
- Sunday: 06h30 – 08h30
Please email Claire for your individual time slot
Counted Led Class
- Friday: 06h00 – 07h30
- Not advised for beginners
- Please arrive 10 minutes beforehand
Rest days are a New moon, Full moon and Sundays.
It’s recommended you join us for one month to fully understand the practice. Introductory month at a special rate of R650
Complete beginner’s workshop is every quarter at R250 – email Claire for details