Mysore style is the traditional way of practicing Ashtanga Yoga, as taught by Sri. K Pattabhi Jois (1915 – 2009) in the Southern Indian city of Mysore.
A Mysore style class is not a “led” class or a “self practice”, it’s these amazing things instead:
- All instruction is one-on-one, within a group class setting
- You will be taught the set sequence of Ashtanga asanas (postures) at your own pace, with new postures added as you gain in strength flexibility, stamina and focus.
- It is an intelligent system and sequence of asanas
- The set sequence is practiced daily and, over time, increases in difficulty
- Students build a Yoga practice over a period of time, in a safe and insightful manner
- Mysore style is open to all levels, you don’t need any
Join us any day during our morning slots. You’ll receive personal attention from our teachers, helping you lay a solid foundation on which you’ll build in the months ahead.
Feeling unsure or nervous? Please get in touch!
Send an email to Claire@mysoreyogajhb.co.za or chat to one of the teachers when you see them.
Monday – Friday 05h45 – 07h45
Please email Claire for your individual time slot
Counted led class
Saturday from 07h00 – 08h30
Please arrive 10 minutes beforehand
Not advised for beginners
Rest days are New moon, Full moon and Sundays
R1200.00 (international teachers)
It’s recommended you join us for one month to fully understand the practice. Introductory month at a special rate of R650
Complete beginners class once a month at R150 – email Claire for details